Easy DIYs Using Olive OilLeonardo Olive Oil July 10, 2015 Benefits of Olive Oil, DIY 679 Views
You probably are aware of olive oil being a wonderful, aromatic light green oil that is used in cooking pasta dishes. You have possibly also heard of its health advantages. But did you know that it also makes a superb constituent in many DIY (Do it yourself) products?
It may sound bit strange to keep a bottle of olive oil in your beauty shelf, or in even in your medical cabinet. Read on for some guidelines on simple DIY you can make at home now, using ingredients you probably have in your kitchen now!
- Mix olive oil with sugar for a body scrub, it will hydrate and exfoliate the skin. It will give a healthy and natural glow to the body.
- Take sea salt and olive oil to make a body scrub, it will get rid of toxics from the body as well as hydrate the body.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 table spoon of olive oil, to make a face mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. It will leave you feeling refreshed.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil and use it on nails. It will remove the yellowness as well as make your nails strong.
- Mix two parts of antibacterial soap and one part of olive oil, you can use this as a mild cleansing agent for your make-up brushes.
- Make a face pack using egg white and olive oil, it will tighten the skin as well as moisturize your skin.
- Warm up olive oil and soak fenugreek seeds overnight in it. Massage it on the scalp and keep it for 30 minutes and wash it off. It will get rid of dandruff as well as improve hair growth.
- Make an avocado and olive oil face mask, it improves skin texture and reduce fine lines.
- Add olive oil and few drops of lavender oil to your bath, it will moisturise your skin as well as help induce peaceful sleep.
- Mix equal parts of dishwasher detergent and olive oil and clean your stainless steel kitchen sink with it. You will have a gleaming sink and this mixture will prevent future spots from appearing.
- Warm up 2 spoonful of olive oil and 1 spoonful of chopped garlic, consume on daily basis to keep cold away and curb heart diseases.
- Soak some tulsi leaves or basil leaves in extra virgin olive oil. Let the mixture stay for 1 day. Blend the mixture and consume it daily basis. Good to remedy to keep bad breath away plus beat bad cholesterol.
- Mix equal parts of olive oil and water. Gargle with it every morning, it will keep cleanse your mouth and keep bad breath away.
- Heat up olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, consume it in cold wintery months to keep your body warm.
- Soak chopped ginger in warm olive oil, consume it as it will curb indigestion.
- To treat dry hair, mix a glass of flat beer with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Your hair will be silkier and softer.
To know simpler DIYs visit: http://www.leonardooliveoil.com/olive-oil-benefits/interesting-tips
These DIYs are simple, easy and natural; make most of it and you are good to go.