Food Hacks Using Olive OilLeonardo Olive Oil July 10, 2015 Benefits of Olive Oil 1806 Views
Olive oil helps in enhancing the flavour of foods and spices, also pleases our tastes buds and satisfies the appetite. Generous use of it will enrich both aromatic and sweet dishes without taking you on a guilt trip because of its delightful health-boosting properties. Try these easy food hacks using olive oil to enhance your daily diet.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil over salads as a simple yet healthy dressing.
- It can be used as a marinade to marinate fish, meat, vegetables and poultry. Olive oil penetrates the very nicely as well as flavours it too.
- Whisk in olive oil in your sauces, it helps to blend together the excess of water in it.
- You can make a healthy dip using olive oil, hung curd and garlic. Add a pinch of salt. Serve it as a spread or as a dip.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over vegetables or cooked meat, to give a glazed look plus it will add a zest to the flavour.
- For an easy and fast appetizer, toast bread slices and rub a garlic clove and pour some extra virgin olive oil.
- Substitute olive oil for butter or margarine to use in a dip. Pour olive oil in a small bowl and add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in the middle. Not only it will look attractive but also taste delicious.
- Introduce olive oil in mashed potatoes or in baked potatoes. It is a good substitute for butter. Whip in some roasted garlic and salt and you will have the most delicious yet healthiest mashed potatoes.
- Light brush the veggies, paneer or meat with olive oil before grilling or broiling. It will seal the juices and the flavour. Also, it will create a crispy exterior.
- Want to add zest to the boring breakfast of egg and toast? Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on it.
- Bring flavour to your brown rice by adding a tablespoon of olive oil. It will taste delicious.
- Best way to keep homemade pesto fresh is by adding a thin layer of olive oil on top of it. Do it after you transfer it to a jar. It will preserve its green colour.
- Olive oil can be a great substitute for butter while baking cakes, cookies and slices of bread. Opt for the mild type of olive oil for baking especially for the savoury slices of bread and cookies.
Olive oil can improve the flavour of almost anything you eat. These easy hacks will help you to please your loved ones. To know more about Olive oil visit: https://www.leonardooliveoil.com/olive-oil