Olive Oil CakesLeonardo Olive Oil July 10, 2015 Cooking with Olive Oil 827 Views
Olive oil cakes are fun to make and always have a nutty, moist crumb which are delicious to eat. One of the simplest recipes you can make from olive oil, these cakes are always well-defined, tangy, and light. They blend gorgeously with citrus and tangy ingredients like yogurt and lemon. Try our very favourite olive oil cake recipes.
Brownie Fudge Cake
In flat 2 minutes you can have a mouthful of gooey chocolate brownie fudge cake which is loaded with goodness of olive oil.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon milk, coffee or water
- 2 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate
- In a heatproof mug mix together all the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Mix in the olive oil and milk until you have a thick paste. Mix in the chopped chocolate.
- Microwave on high for a minute, check on it after 30 seconds, it will be done when it’s spongy on top but still a bit gooey; like the very finest brownie.
Orange Ginger and Olive oil muffins
Muffins are perfect to make on a busy day. They are best to have for breakfast as well as to put it your child’s lunch box. These delicious muffins have a touch of orange, ginger, sea salt and a bit of chilli powder. Also it has the golden nectar, olive oil. The overall flavour is sweet and savoury, yet delicious. So go ahead and treat yourself.
- 1 and 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons fine ground corn flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange zest
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Set the oven to 175 degrees. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, and chilli powder in a large bowl and keep it aside.
- Using a peeler, peel the zest off of the orange. Slice the zest into thin strips, and then finely chop it. Keep it aside.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs until creamy, then add the vinegar, zest, ginger, and yogurt. With mixer on low, mix in the olive oil. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until all the ingredients have blended in well.
- Ladle into the muffin tin, filling each cup up to the brim. Dash the top of each muffin with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 30 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve. Muffins will stay afresh at room temperature for 2 days.
Almond and Olive Oil Cake
Bake this cake which has a touch of almond flavour which goes well with the orange zest with just enough sweet flavour to make a light dessert. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or serve it with ice-cream as dessert at a party.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 25 grams finely ground almonds
- Zest of orange
- Set the oven to 175 degrees. Mix oil, sugar and eggs in a bowl with a wire whisk until light. Mix the flour with baking powder, ground almonds and orange zest. Mix in the oil and sugar mixture stirring in gently.
- Spread mixture in a greased rectangular pan and bake for 50 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 165 and continue baking for 10 minutes more. Check the cake in the centre for dryness. If still moist, allow to bake a little longer. Cool cake, remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
To know more easy and simple recipes: http://www.leonardooliveoil.com/recipes