Vanilla Ice Cream with Olive Oil and Sea SaltLeonardo Olive Oil July 10, 2015 DIY 546 Views
Obtained from the finest olives, this is a strong, zesty oil is used for marinades, dressings, baking and shallow frying. Different kinds of olives are used to make olive oil so wide variety is available in terms of colour, taste, smell and character. Usually produced in large numbers majorly in Mediterranean countries like in France, Spain, Italy and Greece olive oil is very alike to wine.
Conventionally bragging low cholesterol, lesser chances of having of heart disease and curbing obesity, the Mediterranean diet always has the generous use of olive oil. So what other surprises does this golden nectar have?
- Diabetes prevention: Consuming olive oil as part of your daily diet may help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. It helps in regulating your insulin levels.
- Mental alertness: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, which prevents the cognitive decline associated with diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Improves your immune system: It is loaded with antioxidants, essential for toughening and protecting your immune system. This wide range of vital antioxidants are not found in other oils.
- Pain reliever: It has substance called oleocanthal, which has anti-inflammatory agents, meaning olive oil is like a natural pain reliever.
Let’s see how olive oil can bring zest in a simple desert dish.
- Place 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a cup or bowl
- Drizzle olive oil over the ice cream
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top
It’s vital to use the best ingredients here. Use your very best olive oil, flaky salt and the best vanilla ice cream you can find.
People are always astonished to hear vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. But it’s a winning combination. The fruity flavour of extra virgin olive oil and the delicate salty flavour of the sea salt flakes brings out the flavour of the vanilla and adds a delightful, rich delicacy to the ice cream.
To know more recipes: http://www.leonardooliveoil.com/recipes