7 Essential of Healthy EatingLeonardo Olive Oil September 30, 2016 Health and Nutrition 1865 Views
7 Days Seven Tips
Proper nutrition in association with healthy lifestyles, health habit discipline, and regular physical activity will:
- Positively affect personal health
- Help reduce catastrophic medical care expenditures
- Healthy Fats over Unhealthy Fats
- Avoid trans fats, mainly present in baked products and butter
- Limit intake of saturated fats, mostly from red meat, butter, milk, and other dairy products (under 8% of calories).
- Choose unsaturated fats, mostly from olives, olive oil (rich in monounsaturated fats), canola, and nuts
- Slowly Digested Carbohydrates over highly refines ones
- Limit intake of white flour, white rice, pastries, sugary drinks, and French fries.
- Add whole fruits and vegetables beans and nuts to your diet
- Aim for at least 6 servings of whole grains a day.
- Best Protein Packages
- Aim for at least half of protein from plants – beans, nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Choose fish, eggs, poultry for most of the rest, with small amounts of red meat and dairy making up the balance.
- Fruits and Vegetables are a must
- Consider at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables a daily eat of variety and color.
- Fresh is usually best
- Beverages: Opt for Low-Calorie Hydration
- Water is the best choice for hydration
- Consume coffee and tea in moderation
- Avoid sodas, fruits drinks and sports drinks.
- Limit alcohol intake
- Meet RDAs for Vitamins and Minerals
- Consume foods rich in vitamins and minerals
- May consider RDA-level Multivitamin-multi-mineral supplement (on doctor’s recommendation)
- Daily Exercise
- 30 minutes of physical activity such as brisk walking on most, at least five days a week is recommended.